The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) and its partners invite you to get a taste of the farm this summer during the 2023 Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series.
This annual series of public tours and workshops features more than 13 organic and ecological farms and businesses across the state, opening the door for farmers, gardeners, educators, and eaters to learn about agriculture and local foods on the farm.
Tour guests can walk through farm fields, garden beds, livestock pastures, and more during these OEFFA farm tours:
- Friday, June 16: Organic Apple Orchard Tour—Charlie’s Apples, Licking Co.
- Saturday, June 17: Dairy Farm Tour and Pasture Walk—Bear Cave Farm, Holmes Co.
- Saturday, June 24: Elderberry Farm Tour—Mucky Boots Farm, Adams Co.
- Sunday, July 16: U-Pick Blackberry Farm Tour—Indian Springs Berry Farm, Butler Co.
- Saturday, August 5: Stewarding a Legacy Farm Tour and Grain Growers Chapter Meeting—Dalton Farms, Huron Co.
- Saturday, August 12: Chestnut Production and Packing Farm Tour—Route 9 Cooperative, Carroll Co.
- Saturday, September 30: CSA Veggie Farm Tour—Blaney Family Farm, Meigs Co.
- Saturday, October 7: Alternative Livestock Farm Tour—Covered Bridge Yaks, Union Co.
Attendees can explore farming technology, sharpen advocacy skills, navigate farm jobs, and more during these OEFFA workshops:
- Thursday, June 1 and Friday, October 13: PaddockTrac Demonstration—Settlage Dairy Farm, Auglaize Co.
- Monday, June 12: Shaping Change—Methodist Theological School in Ohio, Delaware Co.
- Thursday, July 13 and Wednesday, October 4: Pick and Picnic with a Farmer—Bexley and Upper Arlington Farmers’ Markets, Franklin Co.
- Tuesday, July 18 and Sunday, July 23: Prepare to Negotiate Your Land Arrangement—Virtual and Maish Meadows Farm & Preserve, Fayette Co.
- Thursday, July 20: We CAN!—Glass Rooster Cannery, Delaware Co.
- Friday, September 8: Ohio Beginning Farmer Tax Credit—Virtual
- Sunday, October 8: Finding a Farm Job 101—Virtual
- Thursday, November 9: Employment on Your Farm 101—Virtual
In addition to OEFFA, other farm tours, events, and programs are being presented by Central State University Extension, Common Greens, FairShare CSA Coalition, Holistic Management International, and Michigan Organic Food and Farm Alliance.
View the 2023 Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series brochure for times, locations, and detailed descriptions.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. To learn more, visit oeffa.org/farmtours.