Today, the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) launched its marker bill tracker to encourage action in the months leading up to farm bill authorization. Marker bills aren’t designed to pass as standalone bills, but instead garner support for legislative ideas. They’re often introduced with the goal of being included in a large, omnibus bill like the farm bill.
The tracker features 20+ marker bills that have the potential to:
- Promote soil health and climate resilience;
- Strengthen local and regional food systems;
- Address consolidation in the food and farming systems;
- Invest in organic and sustainable research; and
- Support beginning and BIPOC farmers.
The regularly-updated resource features marker bills that OEFFA has officially endorsed, as well as those our members are in favor of.